Friday, December 24, 2010

The Pukies: Part II

On the way to the Dr's office, I was thinking, something is seriously wrong with big guy. we get there and big guy starts flashing the smiles. The little stinker! Into the office, we retell our story. No one seems too worried! Ugh. The nurse begins to tell me that we should get some bagels, bread, crackers, pretzels, and pedialyte. And she seemed generally surprised that we had to go buy white bagels! Bizarre-o.

Anyway, the Dr checks him, he's got a fever of 101 and double ear infection. Apparently he got hit with everything. Armed with battling the cold, ear infection, fever, and tummy bug, we headed home. In the midst of this, I couldn't breast feed big guy as well as I would have like, so he couldn't just eat how he wanted to. I felt terrible. He was so hungry. And by the end of the second day, he would see the sippy cup of pedialyte and close his lips.

Friday, I stayed home with big guy. We took a lot of naps. I thought we were in the clear. Then friday night before heading to bed, I felt a bit queasy. Uh-oh. 11:30 rolls around and I'm puking everything out. Then at 3:00, hubs does the same thing. Let me just say- this tummy bug is the worst thing ever. After emptying the entire contents of my stomach, my whole body ached, I could feel my organs trying to work, and my milk supply. GONE. Just like that. It was really sad. I managed to get big guy to bf breakfast. But he was really frustrated. My let down was sooo slow.

We called in grandma Dino for reinforcements. She was a life saver. I wouldn't have been able to take care of big guy in that state. Luckily, big guy was still recoverin from his illnesses, so we took lots of long naps. Bfing continued to be difficult. But we managed. Sunday was a different story. Nanny came over to help us. And it ended with me getting big guy's cold Sunday night. Our visit to the Pukies was finally over!

No comments:

Post a Comment