Friday, December 17, 2010

The Pukies: Part I

Well, hello. Are you still there?

We're back! And from a magical place called the Pukies. It sounds like a weekend resort, only one that someone would go to in a nightmare. Ever want to flush away your worries? (Along with the contents of your stomach?) Come to the Pukies! Do you need to purge all that is bad in your life? (And what you had for lunch?) Come to the Pukies! You see- it has mass market appeal. Need to lose a few pounds? (And perhaps your ability to stand up by yourself?) Come to the Pukies!

So, you interested? Probably not. And let me tell you, as a family of three who has just visited the Pukies last weekend, it's not such a great place to be. Let me back up. Big guy got a cold on Monday. Runny nose, cough, a big grumpy and a sneaking suspicion of an ear infection. Nothing we couldn't handle. Wednesday night arrives, off to bed. 11:30 at night, I hear the distinct noise of someone puking (you know the noise that dogs make and you think someone is throwing up?) I dash over to his bed- oh he has puked and he's still asleep.

I pick him up and he's COVERED- covered in puke, all over his clothes, his hair. Ok, well, he had been swallowing a lot of snot... As hubs picks up the phone to check the time, he sees a text from Nanny- oh, she's been puking for a couple of hours. Ok, so it's not the snot. I call the Dr's office, as big guy continues to puke and choke on it. I"m bending him over and slapping his back. The poor thing. The on call nurse said to let the belly empty, give him small amounts of food the next day, and watch out for lack of wet diapers or lack of drool. So, I spent the rest of the night having big guy alternating being laying on my chest, laying in bed, puking, and then back onto my chest. Not the best night of sleep.

Around three he stopped puking. At five- I breast fed him- yay for being a clear liquid! We all went back to sleep. I BF him again at eight, he seemed him good spirits. I left him with hubs for the day and headed to work. THings got progressively worse. He slept for five hours! Which was good he needed it. He had a bottle and then back to sleep. I was on the phone with on of the nurses. She seemed to think he was OK, as long as his diaper was wet and he was up for a while acting like himself. By the time I got home, he couldn't even hold his head up, he was so out of it. Then he puked up his whole bottle. Off to the Dr's office for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment