Sunday, December 5, 2010

The ruby tuesday's

Last saturday hubs's mom and aunt came to visit. When they come to visit it is a whirlwind of activity. mostly b/c we try to get them in and out in a few hours. Otherwise, we go crazy!

So, they came over around 10:45 and we rolled out by 11:15 (after they bombarded us with some really cute outfits for big guy) to the Barnes and Noble to pick up some holiday gifts and meet up with a friend of mine. Big guy loved the bookstore. Lots of books to throw all over the place. fun to walk around and watch all the kids and adults walking around.

We decided to go to our local ruby tuesday's for lunch. Only I forgot to look at a clock and failed to realize I needed to be at breast feeding group at 1:30. The place was semi packed. Our waitress brought our drinks and then took our order. Then no food came out for 45minutes! which, I realize isn't a big deal for a restaurant at lunch time. BUt I have a baby with me. And I wasn't planning on sitting that long. BIg guy had an awesome lunch- yogurt, fruit, puffs, peas from the salad bar. No food for the adults.

I was starting to get huffy. Then I looked at the time 1:25!! Crap. I freaked out. Then Hubs's mom gets all crazy and starts telling some other waitress that we have been waiting too long and this is ridiculous. Then our waitress runs over. Big guy starts yelling. I walk over to the salad bar and we start playing around. I come back and the manager is there trying to console her. We are apparently getting our food to go!

Hubs is pissed. He used to be a waiter and so is sensitive about restaurant stuff. We start arguing in the restaurant. On the way to the car. In the car. His mom actually had to ask us to stop yelling. As hubs is dropping me off I yell, "And I bet the order is wrong anyway!"

The best part is, I was right. THey totally screwed up our order. And we can never go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment