Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Officially walking!

My baby is officially a toddler! Big guy has been taking independent steps at home for about a month. A few steps here and there. This week has been dramatic. On monday, in the midst of this illness/nebulizing he was walking a ton, usually when he was really excited to hold onto a toy and not paying attention to the fact that he was walking. But he was not showing any indication of wanting to walk at school.

On wednesday, I pick big guy up from school and the teacher says, "guess what?" "Big guy walked today!" Yup! My big man is now a walker. She just put him down and said, "Go on, you can walk." And he just toddled himself down the hall. I was ecstatic, plus he had done it with his sneakers on- even more impressive. We came home- nebulized and then were eating a snack. I put him down to go wash my hands and he was standing and then just walked over to me. Ta-Da!

And now he walks everywhere- except when chasing the cat- which he still does on all fours, since he is still faster that way. Some funny things I've noticed about beginning to walk. They really to toddle from side to side. He kind of looks like frankenstein, with his arms out when he is going for something he wants. And he totally only looks forward, so if there is anything in his path, he kicks/trips on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment