Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We did a lot last weekend

Last weekend the family did a lot of new stuff. Hubs, grandma Dino, big guy and I went on a car trip! woo-hoo! My best friend, Aunt A is having a baby! yay!! And I was throwing her a baby shower in Virginia. So, we loaded up the car and drove down. The drive down ended up perfect b/c I timed it so big guy was up but sleepy. And at the first rest area, we had a nice big breakfast of oatmeal, bananas, and cheerios (our norm) and then back into the car where everyone passed out for the next hour and a half.

It was glorious, no one complaining, no one having to pee, and no one commenting on how fast I was driving. We made great time. Big guy also said "dog" for the first time. Too cute. Aunt A has a dog and he just saw her and said, "dog." And then he just kept saying it all weekend. The weekend previous we had gone to Grandma Dino's house and he was saying "gad," like he had the letters right, but not in the correct order. And he loved sharing all the snacks with Max, the collie. Big guy would eat a bite, then give one to Max. Then he would pry open Max's mouth looking for the snack. It was hilarious and big guy thought so, too!

Also this weekend, big guy started helping pull his pants up. Which is funny, b/c he's been helping with shirts for months and he loves taking his pants off. He lifts each leg up to get it out. But he was sitting on dino's lap and she was putting pants on and he grabbed a pant leg and pulled up! Speaking of lap climbing, big guy climbed onto my lap the other day with a book and handed it to me to read. It was such a big boy move, I was actually in shock! And now he does it all the time. My little man is getting so big. I can't believe last year at this time, he was attached to my boob non-stop and I was a complete mess. Well, I guess I'm still a mess, but at least not lactating!

No comments:

Post a Comment