Thursday, March 31, 2011

I might be losing my mind

Everyone has heard of mommy brain. But I think I've moved onto a whole new level of crazy. In the past three days, I've done three stupid things that have all worked out ok. but I seriously feel off my game. And I barely feel on my game as it is!

On tuesday, I came home, showed hubs something on my phone and then put my phone down. I then couldn't find my phone for two hours! that's right, it was gone. I looked for it. Hubs looked for it. Grandma Dino looked for it. No luck. We tried calling it. We tried retracing my steps. It was gone. And I had no idea where it was. Until I was finally settling big guy into his seat for dinner when Dino called one last time and I saw it light up underneath big guy's giant yellow truck. Um, how did it get there?

Yesterday, it was pretty cold out, far to cold for a walk. I decided to drive big guy and I to the train station to pick up hubs. It would get us out of the house and calm big guy down. I grab my phone (yay), big guy's hat & sweatshirt, my sunglasses and out the door we go. As I hear the slam that assures me the door is locked I realize- I didn't grab my keys. That's right. Locked out of the house! Panic! Luckily my car wasn't locked, so we hung out in there before securing plans to go to the neighbor's house across the street. We hung out with them for an hour before hubs got home. Ok, something is seriously wrong with me.

Today, after a crappy night of sleep, in which big guy had to get nebulized at 2am, but was up from 1am-3:30am, I ran from the house to work in clothes I found on the floor and was unshowered. I had slept on the couch. Work is exhausting. mainly because I'm exhausted and have a cold- thanks big guy! I get into my car at the end of the day and see that I left my wallet sitting on the passenger seat all day. In the middle of a parking lot. Oy! I'm losing my mind.

I suppose it could be mommy brain, coupled with three nights of bad sleep, on top of a cold. I'm really hoping it's that and not that I am going insane!! And I'm glad to report that I haven't lost or misplaced big guy. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like my typical day. :) ha ha.
    You've got a lot to remember and being sick and having sick around you just adds to the stress. Sleep deprivation... doesn't help either.

    Hope you have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete