Saturday, January 7, 2012

back to school

Tuesday marked big guy's first official day in the big toddler room! yay, I was so excited, finally away from that horrid woman from the fall. The first week back was ok, big guy was having a tough time transitioning back into the room. Especially since hubs was at a conference so the first two days I had to drop him off- clearly a big mistake. he's with the teachers I love- they always have such nice things to say about big guy when I do pick up. And he's clearly stimulated and active while he's there- ms. L told me the other day he's very good at smaller pieces of paper onto big paper. I mean, that could turn into a lucrative career, right?

The only little hiccup we've had (ok, the other one gets it's own post) is that big guy is having a tough time transitioning from one activity to the next. An example- big guy is doing a fun art activity when it turns time to circle time for some songs and books, big guy will burst into tears. I notice this at home, too, but I figured it was a toddler things, apparently it's a big guy thing. I was pretty upset the next time big guy was in school, but then ms. M (who is so fabulous) said that she thought it was good that he got so upset, because it means that he is really enjoying himself and really focused on what he's doing. What??? Big guy apparently sits quietly and works on his activities and is very focused! Yeah!!! My baby doesn't have ADHD- but is just really busy, unless he's focused on his activities. What a great way to think about the transition concerns. If ms. M is ok with it, then so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment