Saturday, January 28, 2012

gymboree

Following our dismal performance at soccer class, big guy and I ventured to the gymboree for a free class. We originally signed up for the friday we took off together, but big guy had other plans- like falling asleep on me for three hours as we were getting ready for class. We rescheduled for the saturday after- which of course was the saturday hubs was out of town and the huge snow storm hit and we were both sick. good timing, right?

Anyway, after shoveling our way out, we made it with a few other desperate parents to class. We loved it from the start. Now, my judgement might have been skewed b/c I had taken an alka seltzer with cold medicine, so I was a bit loopy. But the whole experience was so much better than soccer class- it was a judgement free zone. We could run around like crazy people making a mess or join in the class activities, either was fine and no one gave me a dirty look. The parents were definitely not as well dressed/put together. A few of them knew each other, so that made it kind of weird. But I think I have just gathered that I don't want to be friends with any more people, I know that sounds terrible, but it's just how I feel at this time.

We signed up for saturday classes through April, and got all kinds of awesome coupons and deals through the sign up time. Like there is open gym time where we can go and big guy can just run and burn energy- what's up awesome! Anyway, we went again today and big guy had another great time, even better than last week. And the only dirty look I got was when big guy accidentally whapped a dad in the head with a stuffed animal and he took a couple of minutes to fix his hair. Oh well! The best part of gymboree? Big guy is always thoroughly exhausted and passes out after for a few hours- score!

No comments:

Post a Comment