Saturday, January 7, 2012

Yeah! pee pee!

big guy peed in his toilet this morning! amazing! we've been dabbling slowly but surely in the- dare I say it, "potty-training." We've had the toilet for a while- it's based on the movie CARS! Which a pic of lightning mcqueen and when you "flush" it makes the sound of a car revving. very cute, big guy thinks it's hilarious to flush.

Anyway, recently big guy has started grabbing at his diaper when it's been wet or filled with poop in a -get this off of me kind of way. So, when he starts grabbing at it, I ask very casually, "do you have to pee?" And big guy will say "yeah!" So, I take off his pants and diaper and we plop on the toilet. mostly we stare down and practice pushing- with the grunting noise. Mostly, nothing happens. Except for today.

Big guy has had some serious diaper rash this week. he's been without a diaper pretty much anytime we are home. Earlier this week, he has sat on his toilet, done nothing, but then moved about five feet and peed on the floor. Which I'm always very expressive that he peed and then big guy gets a paper towel, cleans it up, and puts it in the trash. I've noticed that he really does not just pee anytime, but he will wait until I ask if he asks to pee- this must mean something in the world of potty training. is this how they practice to not pee at night? Anyway, big guy was sans diaper this morning and it had been a while, so I said, "DO you have to pee?" Yeah! Ok, I take out the toilet, he sits, tries to pee, but nothing. Oh well, I go leave him sitting on it watching some cartoon to do some laundry. Minutes later I hear, "Mamabear, mamabear!"

I yell back, what?? But get no response. I walk upstairs from the basement and see hubs rubbing big guy's head with a paper towel. I ask what happened, and hubs says, "well, you left and big guy was on his toilet and PEED in the toilet! I started clapping and then he picked up the little container and dumped it on his head with joy!" Oh! Yay!! I start clapping, too! Then big guy proceeded to pee a bunch of more times all over the house! At least we are somewhat on our way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment