Saturday, February 19, 2011

Is this a one year old thing?

Ok- big guy has been a one year old for less than a week and already I'm noticing some of the "independence" that is headed my way! Big guy has suddenly decided he is not interested in staying in his high chair during meal time. Much to my frustration! Instead, he twists himself around and faces the other way. Or, if he isn't strapped in, but just has the tray locked in, he will somehow squeeze himself up and stand in the high chair. (And yes, he is never alone in the seat- I'm always there.) Not only does he not want to sit, he's not really interested in eating. Like he suddenly has sooo many other things to do, besides eat!

The second hint of independence is he's been giving me a hard time at bed. Or something is going on. The first couple nights he would cry for a half hour straight when I put him in bed. Which he has never done, ever since learning to put himself to bed at 4 months old! Ok, I just go upstairs and rub his back and he's out in 2 minutes. But for the past week, he's been getting up at 11 or midnight. And except for one night, big guy has immediately gone back to sleep after a few kisses and some back rubs. So, is this a one year old thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment