Friday, February 25, 2011

Tomatoes for real


This whole giving one food at a time for three days is a real drag, once you've been doing it for 6 months! I've started to get a little lax, like giving maybe two new foods within a day. Nothing that would be considered too dangerous or highly allergic. For instance, tomatoes are apparently a food that babies are supposed to be allergic to and that we are supposed to wait until 1 year. But I got antsy and so much food that I cook has tomatoes.

I had made a big pot of vegetarian chili one night and gave it to big guy, but kind of wiped off the tomato sauce from the beans and corn. He seemed fine. I officially decided to do tomatoes on his birthday, when I let big guy have plain pizza. And then really officially b/c a couple days after that we had whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. Which he loved! Picture above! And since then we've had spinach lasagna- omg- the big guy looooves spinach. it's too funny! And we have now officially conquered the world of tomatoes. And I can now officially give big guy all the food I normally make. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment