Thursday, August 18, 2011

18 month appt

Yesterday big guy turned 18 months old and he had his 18 month appt. I can't believe he's so old! Or that it was 18 months ago that I was thrown into this parenting thing. We met with our Dr- Dr. W- she's just so awesome. Every time she sees him and he smiles at her, she tells me that it just made her day. Who wouldn't love to hear that about their kid?

Big guy is growing great! He was 34.5 inches and 28 lbs 11 oz. Sound big to you? Well, when we looked at the growth charts- he's the size of an average 2 and 1/4 year old!!!! He's huge! I couldn't be more proud- nor could Dr. W, she was super impressed. When I was talking about everything he's been doing, she said he acts like a two year old- in a good way! And she reassured me that all his toddler antics are normal.

I even asked about how to NOT end up on Supernanny- she said consistency was the key. Ok, I can be consistent. Which I think I am pretty good at anyway with big guy. And I asked about going to the dentist- apparently we need to go. Other than that- he's doing perfectly! Just what a mommy likes to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment