Sunday, August 28, 2011

New on our front

Ok, it a weather pun. This week brought with it some wild weather for our area at least. Tuesday there was an earthquake. Nothing serious where we were, but a first for me. and big guy, who slept through it. And this weekend we had a hurricane- strong winds, tons of rain, and a sick hubs. It was a sad scene.

I was in charge of a toddler trapped by the rain, the cat (who got out two hours before the rain started!), the sick hubs (who was quarantined in the other room with video games and movies), packing up the outside for the oncoming weather, doing my normal chores (dishes, laundry, general cleaning), and taking care of the fish (oops- saturday night I found the orange fish dead).

Luckily, everything worked out, except for the fish. And big guy slept through the hurricane as well. The only time he woke up was at midnight and 12:30 when our power flickered on and off and the sump pump made a really loud noise. Thank goodness this weekend is over. I'm bushed! I am sad that big guy has to go back to school tomorrow, but we will all be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment