Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to school

Big guy started school again yesterday. I was worried that the day would go badly- crying, hysterics, etc. Turns out I was worried for nothing. he had a totally fabulous day. No tears, fell asleep on a mat on the floor like a big boy with no problems, played with trucks. It was great... except that some kid bit him! And then in retaliation, big guy bit a different kid. Maybe it was some kind of hazing ritual?!

Anyway, the teacher and director were all weird talking to me about it. I was thinking at the time, why the F**k are you speaking to me like I should be doing something? He didn't bite anyone when he was home with me for 8 weeks! Like I said weird. And I was all hostile afterwards. And I'm pretty sure the teacher is an idiot. She didn't give him his yogurt for lunch. So instead he ate pretzel sticks and strawberries for lunch. Um, what?

Today was better. I called midday and there were no incidents. I also asked about this giant kid (the one who hit him in the face the other day & who I'm also sure was a part of this biting circle) was moving soon- I was assured- monday. Whew!

So when I went to pick him up today his report was good. He was just waking up on his mat- he came over and gave me a big hug. It was awesome. And I said, you had a good day? And he said, Yeah! Then the teacher gave me his sippy cup from yesterday that I forgot and I was like, oh, where's his cup from today? "Your husband didn't give me a cup." Great, so big guy only drank a juice box today. grrrr. I open up the bag and there are the extra diapers for his room. Oh, she didn't notice those either or the sippy cup underneath filled with milk?! Omg, she is an idiot.

She actually commented that hubs didn't say anything to her about the diapers. I was like, he's a man, men don't do stuff like that. I told her to always look in his bag if something is missing. I'm hoping she will. Big guy tanked his milk before we had left the parking lot. The good thing is that he's having a great time. And he's been in a great mood with me at home. Good weather, going outside to play, eating dinner. It's been awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment