Monday, August 8, 2011

Is there a neon sign on my head?

Since big guy have been out and about a lot lately, we inevitably run into a lot of moms with kids. Sometimes I feel like there is a connection, but then the mom will be like- see ya! And then other times I'm not sure if there is a connection so I just don't say anything. And of course, I've been asked out a few times by moms- most are a certain type though. Is it like dating men? Do we moms have a "type?"

I feel like there might be a neon sign involved or maybe I give off a pheromone which says, "If English isn't your first language, you are a stay at home mom, your husband has some advanced Doctoral degree in a math field, and your kid is kind of quiet- then I am your girl!" Now, this may seem very specific but I kid you not- I've had three moms who fit this description that I have become friendly with. Two I have their numbers. Two from Brazil and one from Korea. Geez, I have a type.

Not that I'm complaining- I like making new friends, friends are good. And I know big guy loves playing with other kids, especially when we get to go to their houses and play with new stuff. I just think it's funny! I guess I need some people from the European countries... if you know anyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment