Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yeah and Nah

Big guy has figured out the meaning of the word NO! Scary yes, but oh so cute. He hasn't started saying the actual word, but instead will shake his head no and say, "nah!" It's so adorable. Even when he's sealing his lips shut at something I'm trying to persuade him to eat. I just find it so cute that I have to laugh, which probably encourages the behavior. But it also gives me a clue that he knows what I'm asking. Even if I get the "nah" more often than the "yeah," which is his yes.

The yeah only comes out sporadically. Most often if it's been a while if I've asked about something. But it's so cool when he says it- like if I ask if he's going to play with his trucks when he's walking over to them, "Yeah." His language development is moving at such a great speed, it makes me wonder- Are mini-sentences next?

No comments:

Post a Comment