Saturday, July 10, 2010

The right side

So, the past few nights big guy has woken up with his right leg hanging out of the crib in between two slats. Sometimes he is awake, but last night, he was completely asleep. The first time it happened, was around 10:30, I went over and he was still sleeping. I pulled his leg back in and rotated him to face the other way. Another squeal around midnight. Leg hanging entirely out, but he was still sleeping. Same deal, I pulled him back in and rotated. Then the third time I heard a squeal his right foot was hanging out. I was sick of moving him and wanted to see if he would correct it himself. Plus, he was still asleep. Finally, I heard a cry around 2 and he had rotated himself 90 degrees and was wide awake. I look in the crib and he has a huge smile on his face, like he's just hanging around having a good time. I picked him up and he gave me a big grin and started gumming my face. I handed him to hubs. Around 3, I wake up and big guy is back in his crib, but hubs isn't in bed. I grab big guy and put him in bed with me. He passes out in seconds. Hubs returned to bed, a little perturbed that a baby was in his spot, but shrugged and laid back down, but only asking if I had replaced him- hehe!

When I woke up, big guy's head was in the hubs's armpit and his feet were pointing at me (to the right). This got me thinking that when big guy lays next to me, his right foot is always kicking me. and when I was pregnant with big guy, I could always feel his right foot jabbing me in the side. So, I think the big guy is right footed. If that is even a term? I wonder if that means he'll be right handed?

No comments:

Post a Comment