Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We are refusing to nap

Big guy went on a napping strike for several days this past week. I almost went crazy. The low point was when we were both crying, yelling, and not eating. See, I was feeding big guy when he was sleepy from the nursing strike. We were to the point that he didn't really need to eat that way anymore when I guess something changed. Whether it was our weekend visitor, the excessive heat (ugh, really beastly), or the fact that we weren't as active b/c of the heat, the big guy was in no mood to eat or sleep. Very stressful for mama bear. I actually called the Dr b/c I was really worried something was wrong. Not only was he not napping, he was crying at night and refusing to sleep. Not normal crying, but the "I'm scared" crying, with tears and coughing b/c he was so upset. Big guy spent two nights in our bed.

Happily, I think I figured out that the big guy was bored. When we do lots of fun activities outside of the house or have people come visit us, he was much better at eating and napping. Figures that the big guy would be my son, as I am the biggest homebody! But I know it's good for him to be exposed to new stuff, new people, and new experiences, so I am more than willing to go explore. Somehow simple errands become adventures. The Dr did make me feel better, she said there were any number of reasons why he was off his game. Then we chatted about starting oatmeal... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment