Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fever?

The big guy's cold has morphed into a low grade fever. The nanny let me know that he was feeling a bit warm. When we got home, we took his temperature. 99.3 Not bad. We decided to go for a walk before dinner, as it has been chilly at night. While on our walk, I had a huge panic attack. What if there was something I was supposed to be doing? Am I a horrible mother b/c I didn't think to call the Dr about this? Ahhh!

When we got home we took his temp again. 99.9 OK, now I decided to call the after hours nurse and ask about it. She said it was low grade and there wasn't anything we could do. Well, duh. That's what I thought. I called my sister in law as well, Aunt K. And of course she was working-damn! I left a message anyway.

Big guy ate a great before dinner meal and slept great. 7pm-5am. Solid! When he got up, it was 98.2 Excellent work! When Aunt K finally called back, I told her about the fever and she said she agreed with the after hours nurse. Apparently, there isn't much you can do for colds/fevers until they get serious. I'm just glad it wasn't that serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment