Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Nanny

This week started big guy going to the nanny. Tuesday went well. Big guy was mostly confused about what was going on, so he wasn't too resistant. He barely napped. The nanny gave him way too much food- apparently my directions weren't too clear. And then he wasn't hungry at all the rest of the night. He came home and napped for 2 hours and had a great evening.

I anticipated that the second day was going to be worse. I always find the second day of anything is was tougher- like exercising or a diet. Big guy didn't fall asleep on the way to the nanny, so he was extra grouchy. He wouldn't let the nanny pick him up. He cried a lot. Then to top it off, the nanny lost his afternoon meal. Needless to say, it wasn't a good day. He came home and ate like a champ and napped until dinner time.

Thursday was the Jewish New Year, so big guy and I were home together. It was awesome! We ate, we napped, we had bagels with grandma dino. and we took a huge afternoon nap. Hubs had to work late, so it was just us all day. And I think we both needed it. We also made baked ziti. Mmmm!

Today was much better. Nanny S told me that he took two little naps, went for a long stroller ride, lots of belly time, and ate great. So good to hear. And I think they both needed a good day. Hubs picked big guy up early and they napped all afternoon. When I got home, we ate and napped some more. We took a family stroller ride and then a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment