Sunday, September 12, 2010

OMG, it was so stinky

Sunday proved to be a rough day. Not much got accomplished. Big guy took a great morning nap and then was disgruntled the rest of the day. He ate his oatmeal fine and was really exhausted. I went upstairs to change his diaper and put him to second nap for the day. Instead, he screamed and cried for an hour! No joke. An hour of hysterical crying. Finally, hubs yelled for me and I took him for a forty-five minute walk. Finally, about ten minutes from home, he passed out and slept in his stroller are a good forty minutes before waking up. Then I fed him and he fell asleep for another forty minutes. He woke up and smiled, but I knew he was still exhausted.

I made the executive decision to go to the supermarket. I had about fifty minutes. Big guy was sitting on the couch grunting. Uh-oh. As a side note, big guy really likes squash. Not only does it taste good, it keeps him really regular. Friday there was a poop with the nanny. Saturday there were several small ones. I pick him up from the couch and he has gone again! I race upstairs, as time is ticking to get back to eat lunch. Then I open up the diaper...

OMG, it was so stinky. Really, the stinkiest one I have ever smelled. I almost puked. Now, I think I have a pretty strong stomach. I can take pretty much any stinky poo and be fine. Hubs is another story. The great thing about eating solids is that the poo changes immediately. big guy's poos are now think- like clay, stinky, and change in color. I held my breath and cleaned as fast as I could. Funnily enough, it got all over his onesie, but not his long sleeve/pant outfit he was wearing on top.

Even in the trash can, it was unbearable to be in the room. I had hubs throw the bag out, even though it was the only diaper in there. Whew, maybe that is why he was in a bad mood. We did make it to the supermarket and another nap ensued after eating lunch. We took a lovely post-dinner stroll and the weather was so nice and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment