Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fish sitting

Big guy driving his favorite yellow car with the fish.

Big guy enjoying his new friends!

This summer we are fish-sitting. That's right, we are watching 4 fish and the hubs and I are scared out of our minds. I agreed to watch the fish a few months ago, thinking it would be no big deal. Put some water in the tank, dump the fish in, and feed 'em everyday. No biggie.

But as the day came closer to take the fish home. I started to sweat. What if I kill them? What if big guy knocks the tank over? What if the cat drowns? The sweating became profuse. Tuesday came and I was loading my car with a 20 gallon tank, a stand, 4 bagged fish, and a tote bag of fish items. I'm driving home and call hubs. Me- "Babes, look up online how to set up a fish tank." Hubs- "Why did we agree to this?" Me- "I don't know, a moment of insanity." Hubs- "This is awful, I feel so unprepared." Me- "this is exactly like taking big guy home, we have no idea what the h*ll we are doing!!" Sweat ratchets up.

After an hour of filling the tank, checking on the bagged fish, and lots of cursing (mostly directed at me from hubs), the fish were in the tank! We made it through the first night- they were alive this morning. But now the tank is murky and we are worried. I'll keep you posted. On the plus side, big guy LOVES the fish- he even says Fish now when he goes over and points at them. And the kitty cat loves the fist even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment