Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lone mamabear

Wednesday morning, the hubs leaves for a conference and it's just the big guy and I until friday afternoon. I'm a lone mamabear in the world. I commend all single mothers- I'm so super impressed. And while I can manage working, keeping a house, and taking care of big guy all by myself, I wouldn't want to.

Wednesday night was a disaster. Big guy was tired and grouchy. We spent most of the night yelling at each other. Wednesday had been a tough day at work, so having a rought night at home made me worry about thursday. But as is turns out, thursday was glorious. Big guy and I had a nice relaxing morning. He didn't cry that much when I dropped him off at school. When I picked him up, he was all smiles. We raced home, grabbed some milk, changed, and then headed out to our favorite pizza place. I figured that getting out of the house was the key to both of us staying sane.

And I was right! we had a yummy meal- big guy ate a whole piece of white pizza (minus the crust) all by himself. We went home, took a stroll through the neighborhood. then bath and bed. Beautiful! Friday morning was just as calm- grandma C came over to watch big guy. It's so funny when he knows I'm leaving- like if I take a shower, he'll sob b/c it means I'm leaving. He has this new pouty lower lip that he sticks out. it's just so cute- I kiss it to make it go away. Just seven more work days until we have two months together. C'mon summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment