Saturday, June 18, 2011

Not on my butt!

Here is big guy looking like he's 5!

Big guy had some major diaper rash the other day. Seriously red, very raw, and lots of poop. Not a good combination. I always know when the butt is red if even though he has a huge poop, he freaks whenever I mention diapers. Hysterical screaming and crying and geez, the diaper isn't even off yet. This particular bout lasted a few days. Part of the problem is that big guy is busy and doesn't like to stop and get properly cleaned. Which is normally ok, but not when it's hot out, we play with water all day, and he's pooping like a madman.

It was really sad b/c he screamed during the bath, it just hurts so bad to have the booty get wet. poor thing, I felt so bad. But I calmly explained during the very quick bath, that it had to get soaped up so that it would feel better when it was dry. The only positive side to diaper rash is that big guy gets to run bottomless- which sometimes leads to poops on the floor- ew, I turned around for a second and he had smeared it all over the floor. grrrr.

Big guy's most hated part of the whole diaper rash situation is the desitin. He hates desitin. He knows what the container looks like and freaks when he sees it coming out. So, I use aquaphor on his hiney- the best product on the planet. I use it on every surface of his body. And mine, too! it's the greatest lip gloss. I'm getting big guy ready, he knows it's diaper time and is pointing at the desitin as if saying, "woman, don't even try to put that on me or we will have a full on meltdown!" I calmly hand the desitin tube to hubs who stands across the room (seriously) while I put aquaphor on his diaper zone and then the diaper. Crisis averted!

No comments:

Post a Comment