Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just say it out loud

I don't know what it is, but sometimes I just have this issue in supermarkets. The issue being they make me hostile. I get all annoyed in there, mostly when I'm checking out. I always seem to pick the grouchy cashier person. The line with the old lady who is paying with exact change in pennies. And of course recently, big guy is always at almost melting stage. It's the perfect blend to make me get really hostile.

On wednesday, in preparation for aunt M's visit, big guy and I were at the supermarket. big guy was delighted to be in the fruit section. he loves picking fruit and putting them in the bag. But recently as we drift away from the fruit section he freaks and tries to escape the cart the whole time. We've been practicing walking next to mommy. Which in real life terms means- running like a crazy person through the aisles and trying to escape mommy's grasp. It's obviously going very well.

Anyway, we are doing our normal song and dance when this mom down the aisle gives me this nasty look. Now, her son is like seven and walking calmly. And I could see giving me the nasty look if big guy was seven and acting like a nut, but really, a toddler? So, I quickly grab big guy and move to the next aisle. Everyone else in the supermarket thinks he's cute (he is) and laughs and says hi as we move through. We finally make it to the check out line-whew!

Big guy finds the rack of gift cards and starts crazily pulling them all down. Uh-oh! And then I look down the two lines and there is that b---ch of a mom giving me and big guy the nasty eye again. My blood boiled! I was moments away from yelling, "Just say it out loud, B!" Luckily, I didn't, I could see getting into a verbal argument with some lady at the acme would mean I wouldn't be allowed back in. But I was seriously pissed off! And then we made a hasty retreat and attempted to clean up as much as possible. I may need to find a new supermarket....

No comments:

Post a Comment