Sunday, June 26, 2011

new stuff

Big guy has been up to a lot of new stuff lately. One of the very biggest is big guy's new found love for construction vehicles. He has since x-mas loved cars and trucks. and now that the Acme down the street got torn down and that townhouses across the street are being built, he has become obsessed with big construction. He yells, "WHOA!" whenever he sees them. it's so adorable. The whoa's let me know that big trucks are around.

He has this look of pure wonder on this face and constantly wants to go outside and look at them either moving or when they are "sleeping." Which telling him they are sleeping is the only way I can get him away from our bedroom window, where you can see them. He waves bye-bye and then closes the curtain. It's gotten to the point where we've bought a truck book so we can look at them whenever- and he loves learning about all the different kinds. WHOA!

This past weekend, big guy also had real strawberries for the first time. I was a bit worried b/c apparently hubs and his brothers were really allergic as kids, but no anaphylactic reaction and his skin was clean! And I was so excited that he loved them. He gobbled almost an entire pint all by himself! And then I threw in some whipped cream puffs and he was loving life.

big guy has also discovered his bellybutton! We were sitting on the couch- big guy was just in a diaper (what else is new?) and my shirt was up over my bellybutton. He put his finger in my bellybutton and I told him what it was. Then I pointed at his bellybutton and he put his finger in his. Then he was obsessed with touching both of our belly buttons! When we went to show his Aunt K, I asked where is big guy's bellybutton? He lifted up his shirt and I poked it. He then grabbed at his belly while staring down in wonder! Amazing, it's still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment