Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day

Today was big guy's second turkey day and it was awesome! The day was relaxed- finally we all had a good night's sleep. We played in the morning while I prepared the bird. We ate an early lunch, big guy actually ate with very little fuss- perhaps secure that hubs and I were really staying the whole day. Then big guy and I went up for a little nap and passed out! I woke up and couldn't remember if it was morning or afternoon. Then I went downstairs while hubs snuggled with big guy.

I very casually put in my sweet potatoes, cut up potatoes for mashed, and chatted with Grandma J and Aunt B. Then Grandma C, Grandpop J, and Uncle I came in and the real fun began. Hubs and big guy got up. Big guy was super clingy and tired- giving me great bear hugs for about a half hour. I finished cooking- still unstressed- I think b/c yesterday I heard an interview on NPR about aiming to just have all food room temperature instead of piping hot. TOok some of the pressure off of me.

We sat down and big guy was so excited to have everyone around. He ate turkey and munched on steamed string beans like a champ! After dinner we ran around outside in the crisp fall air. playing ball, stepping on the rotting pumpkins ( I mean why won't those squirrels eat them?), and generally screaming with joy. Following our romp outside- we played wii- the ABBA dance game- so fun! Uncle I was really getting those moves down. And big guy was dancing right along with him. That right foot was stomping up a storm with joy. dessert brought with it an obsession with hershey kisses and baby carrots. All in all a great turkey day!! full of fun, food, and family!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving too. I also miss those family Thanksgivings we said we would keep doing no matter what.

    ReplyDelete