Wednesday, November 9, 2011

new school?

so, I've been struggling with big guy's school- more specifically his teacher- who hubs and I call dollface b/c she wears this bizarre makeup, kind of like a barbie. Anyway, I think dollface is an idiot. (my mom pointed out that she only has to be smarter than big guy-haha). And I don't like that every time I go in there she tells me that he was sensitive and crying all day. Oh, and he refuses to eat when he's in there and the past two days, he won't even sit down during meal time.

Something is seriously wrong. I understand that big guy is going to act differently at school- but being sad all day is not how my baby rolls- he is happy, loud, and full of energy- and everyone who has ever met him has said this to me- like somehow other kids aren't like that. And he's a great eater. So, I'm contemplating switching him.

Yesterday was election day so big guy and I had off together. After we voted (big guy pressed the orange VOTE button to cast it- so fun!) we went over to another local school to check it out. within seconds of being in there, I wanted to run. It was in the basement of some church. The director wasn't very nice, in fact it seemed like she didn't like children. And the room he would go into- no windows that can be opened, it was dirty, and it reeked of diapers. OMG, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Oh well, for now we stay. But we visit another one the day before thanksgiving. Maybe we'll have a better experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment