Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back to Work

Wednesday brought with it the return to work. It dawned on me tuesday night that I had nothing to wear. There were tears. Wednesday morning came and I got up, packed everything I needed for work, pump, pump accessories, food, water, and my purse. I showered, shaved my legs and underarms, and got the boys up. Big guy ate at five after six and got fussy on the second side. I was really stressed and wasn't too nice to hubs. Big guy and I got up and had some fun with the mirror and then he was fine finishing the second side. I picked him up and took him to the changing table, as he had already peed, spit up, and sneezed on me and had gone poop! As I was leaving he was awake and chatting on the changing table and it was physically painful to leave him. I knew he was going to be fine, I wasn't so sure about myself. I ran down the stairs so hubs wouldn't see me crying. I composed myself in the car and put on music instead of NPR. I was doing ok until "I'm coming out" by Diana Ross came on and I started sobbing again. By the time I reached the parking lot at work, I was good again. And once at work, I was so busy and talked about him so much, that the day quickly came to an end. When I got home, I got a huge smile and then he ate and passed out on me for 2 hours! I loved the snuggles. I know that the age he is now makes it easier to leave. I'm worried that in the fall, I won't be as ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment