Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pain in the breast

Big guy has been handling time with hubs so well. Until this week. When I feed him he starts screaming and throwing himself away from the breast. Which makes feeding him really stressful. It got to the point yesterday that I said if he continues to be like this that breastfeeding would not be continuing for much longer. This morning brought a lot of stress. Hubs was having a hard time getting him to calm down and he wasn't even taking the bottle! I said go for a walk- the outside always calms him down. I called the pediatrician. Nurse calls back and said to look for any hair wrapped around his fingers, toes, etc. Also, check out his mouth for any sores or thrush. While hubs is looking, big guy clamps onto his finger and starts chomping. Instant calm. I think we have started teething. Then he started sucking on his finger and I said strike while the iron is hot and shove in the bottle. It worked. Which gives me hope that he'll eventually stop screaming at me during mealtime!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, I hope it didn't hurt when he chomped on your man's finger!

    ReplyDelete