Sunday, June 6, 2010

Clothes

Being back at work meant not getting to wear stretchy pants and hubs' t-shirts every day. I'm not really comfortable with my body right now. Pre-baby I was the petite girl at work. Now, I'm not only short, but also fat. And sadly I still have the image of myself as the petite girl. I seriously need to exercise and eat right, even though I feel like I eat really well- besides the bowl of ice cream every night. The difficult part of breast-feeding is that you can't cut calories as you are making calories for the baby. And exercising means eating those calories back up. So, I'm going to ask the lactation consultant we see every week at the BF support group about what I can do. And to hit a new low, we went to the Old Navy to buy work clothes to hold me over the next few weeks and I freaked. Nothing fit and I was ashamed of my body. I almost cried in the burrito place where we had lunch. Without the big guy with me, I'm just another big girl in the world.

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful, Em--not just in looks, but in the joy and pride you radiate. Just focus on the good you're doing for your Big Guy and staying healthy. There will be plenty of time in the future to lose the weight.

    And wear some sexy shoes! Shoes are blind to size!

    ReplyDelete