Saturday, June 26, 2010

sand and the borders

Tuesday we attempted to buy Grandma Dino's b-day present at a cute shop in Narberth. When we got there I very smartly drove down the street to see when it opened. Good thing I did b/c the store wasn't there any more. Which sucks, b/c it was really quirky. Mu back-up plan was to go to the park. It was starting to get hot, so we stuck to the shade. Big guy put his toes in sand for the first time and was contemplative. Upper lip pokes out, brow furrows, and lots of drool. We made a friend who handed big guy a yellow shovel. It was cute. Of course all the ladies cooed over his size and age. We even climbed a couple of stairs leading to a landing with some slides, but didn't go down.

We should have gone home after, but I pressed my luck- he was in such a good mood! We went to the borders kid section. We were doing fine until big guy had a semi-meltdown- there went the books I wanted to buy. I did discover that big guy likes pop-up books. He tried to rip out the pop-up strawberry from the very hungry caterpillar- one of his favorite books. Big guy was passed out in the car before I even left the parking lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment