Monday, October 11, 2010

Are you a crab or a volcano?

A few years ago, hubs and I were watching that Discovery Channel series- Planet Earth. Sigourney was talking to us about the deep sea. I just love watching shows about the deep sea. All those sea creatures who survive on so little- no light, very little food, no one else around- and yet they light up and sparkle. It's amazing. Well, we get to a really deep part where there are the plumes or volcanoes of gas that are escaping from the earth's core. Pretty cool. It's some insane temperature that would essentially melt people. However, there is this one breed of crab that live on these plumes. They can scurry about, swim in the gas, and find stuff to eat.

Hubs looked at me and said that I am like the volcano and he is the crab. It's our joke about how fiery I am and how he is the only one who could stand to be so close to me. He's stuck with me! We are the perfect pair. So, yesterday, hubs started to wonder, will big guy be a crab or volcano? He thinks he's a volcano. I think he might be a crab who will have to find his volcano. I guess we'll see who is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment