Thursday, October 28, 2010

Who knew Grandma Dino hated pears so much?

On Wednesday, Grandma Dino came over and hung out with us in the afternoon. Big guy was starting pears! Apparently, Grandma Dino hates pears- she was forced to eat them all of her childhood due to a pear tree in her backyard- which explains why I never ate pears as a kid! Side note- I also was never allowed to wear headbands! Moving on, Grandma Dino is relating her hatred of pears and I'm thinking, oof, I hope big guy can tolerate them.

I bust out the pears and take a lick off the top of the container- I like to taste before big guy does. It tastes like apples, but with a really grainy texture. Eww. But, I put on a smile and big guy gets his first bite. A bit confused, but then opens his mouth up right away! He loves them! Yay!

Big guy is a good eater, like hubs, who I call a golden retriever b/c he'll pretty much eat anything that is put in front of him. I don't want my weird food issues on big guy. Even though I don't eat red meat, I don't want big guy not to try and figure out for himself what he likes or doesn't like. I think it's a fine line that I'll have to continually work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment