Monday, October 25, 2010

sippy cup

The same night we started the puff, we started the sippy cup. We had gotten two as a gift, but I couldn't figure out how to close them without all the contents dumping all over big guy when he attempted to drink. I was really impressed the first time that he was drinking so much! But then I took him out of his high chair and he was soaked!

So, I went to the trusty rite aid (I just love it there!) and picked out another one. Bingo! No leaks and in fun colors. Big guy was hesitant at first- but then surprisingly started to take little sips. My plan is that after he eats his puffs throughout the meal, he takes a sip or two. It is working so far. Then when he is totally done. We sit on the floor and take some long pulls.

What is really funny is that sometimes I think he forgets that he is drinking b/c he'll take a big sip and then swallows and makes a surprised noise and face and looks at me for reassurance. And I say it's OK and he smiles and keeps drinking. My plan is now expanding to him drinking at all meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment