Thursday, October 28, 2010

Uh-oh Spaghettios!

Early thursday morning- around 1:30ish I hear a yelp. I consider ignoring it, like I normally do, but then another little yelp came out. I peek over the covers and see a smiling baby looking back at me! Only he wasn't laying down, he was sitting up with his hands on the top of the crib just about to pull himself to standing!

Yikes! The crib hasn't been dropped yet! I make a crazy noise and sprint from bed, hubs follows me in some crazed way with his arms out trying to catch him. Only he was several feet from the crib still (hey- he wears glasses in real life!) and I grab the big guy. Hmmm, he must have discovered how to do this sometime on wednesday, but he has not shown any indication of learning this skill while awake. Must have been a nap time discovery.

Later that morning- around 3am, big guy decides to wake up and not go back to sleep. So cruel! We were both exhausted, my belly was upset and I decided we'd stay home to recuperate for the day. I brought the big guy down stairs and we hung out with hubs for a little bit. Big guy starts crawling around and then effortlessly gets into a siting position. Hmmmm.

I was talking to Nanny S later that afternoon and mentioned it, apparently she found him in his pack n play like this on wednesday! Ah-ha! It was a nap time discovery. He has now perfected it and it's so cute watching him do it. Most of the time he manages to do it so that he ends up sitting right next to or on top of our sides, legs, or bellies. He's such a snuggler. I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment