Friday, September 9, 2011

bathtub disaster

tonight I was giving big guy a bath. He was really comfortable- apparently- because he took a huge poop. Luckily, I saw it right away, but obviously had to get big guy out as fast as possible. I yanked him out of the tub and set him on the floor. Darn, I hadn't cleaned his butt area yet! I yell, "HUBS!!" I'm in need of help. Wet, slippery baby. Poop in tub. big guy attempting to get back in and clearly upset that his fun was interrupted so abruptly.

I hear hubs running up the stairs yelling, "Oh my g-d, oh my g-d." Then I realize, hubs thinks there is an injury. I say, "we're fine, but there's poop!" He calms down when he sees us. I ask him to hold big guy while I suds his rump and then dump a cup of water from the sink on him over the tub. He does and we end the bath time quickly. As I'm walking out, I notice the roll of paper towels hubs brought up. I ask, "what's with the paper towels?" Hubs looks at me and says, "well, either we were going to the ER or there was poop." I'll take poop any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment