Friday, September 2, 2011

not our day

Today was the beginning of the labor day-four day weekend. Big guy didn't have to go to school and neither did I. I thought it'd be a great day. Boy, was I wrong. It just wasn't our day. big guy decided to wake up at nine o'clock last night, inconsolable. I put him in bed with me and then moved him back to his bed after he was asleep. But then he decided to get up at two am and not go back to sleep until four am. He and I were both exhausted when he decided 6:15 was a good time to wake up.

The only good thing (besides hubs getting me an extra large Hot Chocolate from the dunkin' donuts and a bagel w/ cream cheese for big guy and I to share) was that we could take a nap later on b/c we had no where to go and nothing to do. And usually this works our for us, but like I said, it wasn't our day.

We watched some sesame street and curious george- our norm- ate a good breakfast, and walked hubs to the train station. It was a great morning outside- we were out for about two hours- watching trains, watching the construction across the street- they were paving a road! giant dump trucks, pavers, rollers- it was awesome. We came inside and had a banana. I took us up to lay down around 10am. I was very excited for a two hour nap and so was big guy- excited that is, but not to sleep. He thought it was play time. Fine, we go downstairs and play. Unload the dishwasher, eat lunch.

Around 12:15, I drop him in his crib and I pass out on the couch. Only to be awoken at 1:40 by a screaming toddler. Craaaap! He wouldn't go back to sleep in bed with me- he was hysterical, from exhaustion. He fell asleep on me for a little while on the couch. After a full on tantrum, we was in good spirits. we were going to walk to the post office, but then big guy decided to shove his hand into the door jam of one of our cabinets and ripped off a chunk of skin and formed some blood blisters on his left index finger. Sigh, when was this day going to end?

But wait- there's more. After calming him down and calling the dr, we met hubs at the train station. We booked it back home to eat our leftovers from the week for dinner. I was so excited b/c I was having the left over chili! And then it slipped out of my hand and spilled all over the floor. It just wasn't our day.

1 comment: