Thursday, September 22, 2011

a little tummy something

Big guy has been having a little tummy something this week. It all started over the weekend when big guy was chugging the apple cider. Not such a good idea- as it got big guy's system moving! And everyday this week when I've picked big guy up his teacher has told me how he's been having diarrhea. Which is obviously not good and not what I'm seeing at home either. I mean, it's definitely loose, but not diarrhea. I think our definitions are different.

Yesterday (wednesday) I get a call around noon that I have to come get big guy- he's had two bad poops. Great. I race over and his butt is RED. poor thing didn't want to lay down, didn't want to be held. I let him run naked for a little bit and then put him down for a nap. He was out pretty quickly, only a couple minutes of tears. Grandma D came over and played with him when he got up. Bath time was sad- he sobbed the whole time. Something was definitely going on.

When I called the Dr's office, the nurse said it could be from the cider or she said he got a little tummy thing. Which unfortunately just has to run it's course. Lots of yummy binding food- cheerios, bananas, yogurt, pastas. All of what he's been eating this week anyway. This morning I called the director on my way to work. I let her know what the nurse said and asked that big guy be changed every two hours with aquaphor. And then I asked her to check the poopy diaper to see if she considered it "diarrhea." Turns out, big guy had a great day! Only one super messy poop. Otherwise- all was well. And big guy got his "fall cleansing" out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment