Friday, September 30, 2011

A fish out of water

my favorite book as a child is called "a fish out of water." a story about a boy who buys a fish, feeds it too much, it of course grows out of control, getting bigger and bigger, until he has to call the fish store guy (mr. carp) to make him small again- so good! the fish's name is Otto- so of course any fish I have had has been named Otto. When I was preggo with big guy, grandma Dino bought a new copy, since my original is really old, falling apart, and I took it with me to college.

Hubs started reading it a few weeks ago when we were going to bed. big guy loves it! He thinks it's really funny when the fish starts to get big. and he appropriately says, "uh-oh" when the fish crashes through the bathroom door! And he smiles when the fish is restored to it's normal size. it's so cool to see him love a book I loved as a kid. Now we need to buy the cat in the hat, to see if he likes the hubs's favorite book as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment