Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hand, hand, fingers, thumb

big guy has been pointing for a long time, but now he likes to grab my hands (or hubs) and point our hands at something. Sometimes he'll put our hands onto what he wants- like onto the computer screen to point at the train going by. Or he'll grab our hands and take us somewhere.

Big guy will grab my hand and pull me onto the floor so we can sit together. so precious. And the best new thing? He likes to hold hands when we go for walks. It used to be I would carry him down the street to go for a short walk, like if we just need to cool down for a bit. But I recently realized that big guy likes to walk on the sidewalk and explore the neighborhood. and now he'll walk with me down the street holding hands.

Besides being really sweet, it also provides me with some control to slow him down and prevent falls. Always a good thing. I must say that when I started the walks, I grabbed his hand. But now he reaches back and takes my hand like it's the most natural way to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment