Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And we've officially started daycare

Well, hello. It's been awhile since I wrote. Sorry. Truthfully, I've been so overwhelmed with the change in our lives that I haven't had time to write about... daycare. Let alone, do laundry, cook a meal, or think. Big guy started daycare last week. Monday was a half day, and then he did full days on tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. Friday, he was with the nanny.

I'm not even going to recount anything really. Just a rundown of my likes and dislikes. Likes- big guy is with lots of little kids. The teachers in there are awesome. They consistently put desitin on his bottom. They write these silly paragraphs about what big guy does during the day. "I had a great day! I was my cheerful self. I loved doing fingerplays today!" (Don't even ask me what fingerplays are- I have not idea.) He is smiling when he sees me at the end of the day and then he smiles at the room when we leave.

Dislikes- he isn't napping. they feed him when he's upset. they don't follow the schedule I know he needs- he's an active kid, he needs his rest. they write those paragraphs in the first person. there are always more than 8 kids in the room, when I was "promised" there wouldn't ever be. today they gave me some list of finger foods to give to big guy. pop tarts were on this list. uh...ok. I'm not giving my kid pop tarts.

Passive agressive things I do to cope with what I don't like. I re-write his schedule and give it to them every couple of days. I refuse to let them give him an afternoon snack- like at three. Instead, all other kids are locked into their chairs eating and big guy is roaming the room. hehe.

Anyway, I'm not totally comfortable with daycare. But, as I have no other options. I'm trying to remain calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment