Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So that's how you like veggie chili!

Last week, I decided we would explore the world of beans! I made this awesome veggie chili recipe that BF/Aunt A gave me. it's sooo good. this was big guy's first experience with black beans and tomatoes. I know, I know. I shouldn't have risked two new foods at once. And apparently babies aren't supposed to have tomatoes before age 1- but I was banking on that there would be cooked tomato juice, I wasn't giving him a whole tomato!

Anyway, big guy loved it! he was gobbling up dinner. Then the next night, he was a bit more finicky, so I gave him a bit of my chili- of course mine was smothered in cheese and sour cream- ah-ha! he ripped the spoon out of my hand to eat it. so, now I know that is how big guy likes veggie chili. covered in cheese and lots of sour cream. mmm, I'm going to make it again this week.

And, the next night we went to our local mexican restaurant and I risked not bringing anything for big guy to eat. We ordered him a bowl of black beans with cheese. Tanked it! I've never seen him eat so fast. And we shared a cup of water with a straw. He's so big!!! And I'm also really jazzed that he can eat stuff that we eat now. It's definitely a big step.

No comments:

Post a Comment