Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Red Eye

Last week, I got some weird eye thing. It was freaky. On sunday, my right eye was bright red, but didn't hurt. WHen I woke up on monday, it was bright red and watering. not good. As I progressed through the day, it began to swell. I went to see a nurse practitioner at the wellness clinic inside a walgreens. she had no idea. I went to an optometrist that afternoon, he'd never seen anything like it. He said he couldn't put me on anything strong b/c I was still breast feeding. Which I was ok with, b/c I was confident the antibiotics he gave me would cure it.

Wrong!

It got worse. On tuesday it was barely open and I walked around with an ice pack all day. Worse still on wednesday, in which I went to another eye dr. Who said that he had never seen anything like it????? Mostly b/c it was only in my right eye, usually infections, etc go to both eyes. He gave me steroid drops. Oh yeah, the good stuff.

It is much better now. I will tell you that the level of hideousness was so bad, that hubs was not making fun of it. Of course, by the time it was doing better, here is what he said to me:

1. I looked like two face from batman- "flip a coin, which mama bear will you get?"

2. It looked like a make up artist closed my eye and injected red dye.

3. My eye looked like it was going to walk off my face, sprout arms & legs, put on a top hat and a cane and start singing, "hello my baby, hello my darling, hello my ragtime gal..." *you know the scene from Spaceballs the movie- youtube it if you haven't seen this scene. Hilarious!

Apparently, hubs had been bursting to say all this, but couldn't. That's when you know your eye is looking bad! Safe to say, it wasn't contagious, and I'm all better now. But, I don't wish that eye weirdness on anyone. Ok, maybe on a few people. Moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment