Monday, January 17, 2011

I got my wish... Sort of...

Last saturday, we had gotten a semi-clean bill of health from the Dr. But something was off. Big guy wasn't napping well, which is unusual. He's a very good sleeper. But then again, I love to sleep.

After taking only an hour nap in the morning and an hour nap in the afternoon, he was grumpy, clingy, and tired. I gave him his afternoon bottle a little early, in hopes that he would fall asleep. I had just been telling hubs how I was jealous that big guy falls asleep on Nanny S during the day. When big guy decided to drink and then pass out on me. For an hour he slept, turning over once. When he got up, he finished his bottle and I noticed he was drenched in sweat. Oh crap.

Temp was at 102.5. Double crap. I knew it! Gave the dude some tylenol and then called the after hours nurse. She essentially said to keep him medicated until the fever broke. And if he still had it to call the Dr on monday. well, guess what. he was hot all weekend and didn't sleep.
Monday we had off b/c of MLK, so off we went. Still had a fever, another set of ear infections. Another set of antibiotics, and a trip to the ENT for us in the future! But we got to see our favorite nurse practitioner, who got us through those first rocky weeks when big guy was born, so she was super excited to see, as we were to see her.

And this was just the beginning of the crappiness. Big guy didn't sleep again until thursday night. He was pretty much up every hour every night screaming, crying, and grabbing his ears. We had a lot of family bonding time in bed. But, on thursday, he was himself again, looks like the meds finally kicked in. The poor thing, I feel terrible that he feels so bad. My little man!

1 comment:

  1. us too. Pips just got diagnosed with ear infection #3 since the end of December... and we're off to the ENT! Maybe Big Guy and Pips should get adjoining surgery tables.

    ReplyDelete