Sunday, August 22, 2010

Carrots

I know, another post about carrots.

Tonight was the first night the big guy had pureed carrots. I bought some gerber pureed carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and peas at the supermarket. They were $10 for 10- with two containers per pack. And each one lasts 2-3 days. My mom is coming over on tuesday to give the carrots another go. Sigh.

Anyway, we started off with oatmeal, which the big guy loves. He's like a little birdie- opening his mouth for the next bite. I scooped about maybe two tablespoons of pureed carrots out of the container. We were almost done the oatmeal and I beckoned hubs into the room to view the first bite of carrots. I took a little bit on the spoon and put it in big guy's mouth. And then he made a face that essentially said, "Ew, what is this? I don't like it. I'm going to cry now!" It was so sad.

But, I put on a big smile and said, "You're ok!" and he looked from me to hubs and hubs said, "Yummy, are those carrots good?" Big guy went back to his normal face. We did about three more bites, repeating the encouraging words, before I called it quits. We then finished off our oatmeal.

So, a partial success, I mean, at least he swallowed it! I then let him play with some carrots on his high chair tray and fling the bowl and spoon around. He seemed to enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment