Saturday, August 28, 2010

Only took nine years

Hubs, big guy and I went to the zoo on Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and now that big guy can wear sunscreen, it's like a whole new world has been opened up to us. I had gotten my haircut and eyebrows waxed earlier in the day, so I was feeling good.

We got to the zoo and found an excellent parking spot. Hubs bought our tickets while I lathered up big guy. He didn't seem to mind. We then entered and went to the children's zoo. Again, big guy really liked the ducks, even the baby ducks- so cute and yellow! Which would explain why rubber duckies are yellow(I never understood!).

Big guy also really enjoyed the giant turtles and penguins. They really enjoyed swimming and flapping their wings at him. He smiled, waved his arms, kicked his legs, and squealed in delight. It was so precious. Oh, and I'm pretty sure he saw the baby giraffe- so cute.

Hubs and I finally got to go to the zoo together- only took nine years. Hubs enjoyed some hot dogs. And we thought about how we never really went anywhere before we had him. Hubs said we were apathetic to doing anything. Now, we have purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment