Sunday, August 1, 2010

About last night

I knew it wouldn't last forever. All this talk about big guy sleeping through the night. Harumph. Last night at 12:35, I hear the distinct noise of the baby sucking on his hands, which means he's awake. I go over and pop in the binky and hold his hands until he falls asleep. I sneak back to bead only to hear the binky pop out and hands to pop back in. Go back over and do the same. I did this four times and finally prodded hubs and said, "Your son needs to go back to sleep."

Hubs very dutifully gets up and rocks him until he's asleep. But as soon as he is down, hand sucking. I'm pissed! Hubs turns to me and says, "Maybe he's hungry." GRRRR! To understand my frustration, you must know that when big guy was way smaller, whenever he cried, hubs would look at me and say that he was hungry. It wasn't true and it drove me crazy. Plus big guy hasn't eaten during the night since he was three months old! I almost smothered hubs with a pillow. Instead, I took a deep breath and picked big guy up. Popped him on the right side and he ate like a champ. However, not asleep. I popped him on the other side and he ate like a champ again and fell asleep. Damn- hubs was right.

He slept until around 4:30 before complaining. Truthfully, I had a feeling he wouldn't sleep well. As we had had a really big day and he hadn't eaten a good lunch and his before bed meal wasn't totally complete as he passed out during it. Oh well. I think I'll now offer him a boob after he eats his oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment