Friday, August 6, 2010

Crawling

I knew it was going to happen soon. The inchworm has evolved. And I'm not talking about the metamorphosis to butterfly land or whatever happens to inchworms. I'm talking about the big guy crawling... sort of. The other day I sat big guy on the bed, always risky. He immediately launches himself onto his belly. Then I see the hips go up in the air. He's on his knees! Then I see him push his knees into the bed and he launches himself forward. Very impressive.

Over the next few days the crawling progresses. Now when he's on his belly, his butt goes up, as well pushing up on his arms. Which is apparently a skill that he needed to hit before turning six months (next week!) So, now he's on all fours and launching himself forward. He can move across the whole bed! And I find this incredibly funny, because of course he would figure out how to crawl before sitting up by himself. The kid loves to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment