Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dreaming

This morning, big guy took a really long nap. As I looked at his face, I noticed that his ring finger was unfurled from his curled up fingers. I wondered when he would get married. And if I would like the woman he chose. My first reaction was no, that I'll never think anyone was good enough. But then I thought that if he were to become a good man, like his father, then of course I would like who he will choose.

I then thought about his wedding day. I want hubs and I to be able to help him have the wedding of his dreams. Hubs and I dressed up nicely- perhaps black tie?- but maybe not. Hubs and I certainly weren't that fancy- only 45 people at our own wedding almost two years ago.

Hubs and I dancing and smiling for pictures, being the proud parents we already are and will continue to become. It made me smile and think I was getting way ahead of myself- he hasn't even sat up by himself yet! But, it was nice to wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment